We’re introducing a ‘Library of Things’ at Beaumaris Library for our community to borrow, enjoy and return a variety of items instead of buying them.
The Library of Things encourages sustainable living practices and promotes the circular economy by providing access to popular products that may be needed for one-off jobs but are rarely used afterwards.
Share your suggestions below for ‘things’ that you’d be interested in borrowing.
Consultation closes 17 December 2023.
Help us create our Library of Things
Timeline item 1 - active
9 October 2023 – 17 December 2023
Timeline item 2 - incomplete
Selection and procurement of ‘things’
‘Things’ selected for the collection will be based on community feedback, budget, risk assessments and maintenance requirements.
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Library of Things opens
From March 2024
New 'things' will be available to borrow for Bayside library members.
To make a submission or enquiry, please get in touch via the following methods:
- Online via the activities (Step 1 and 2) on this page
- Ask a question in the Q&A forum
- Email Trevor MacKay, Library Resource and Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- Phone 9599 7812
- In person at Bayside Libraries or the Corporate Centre at 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham
- Post to Bayside City Council, PO Box 27 Sandringham 3091
- Anonymously via the postal, phone or email details above.
Please note: Materials can be provided in accessible formats on request.
Submissions close 17 December 2023
Please select the blue subscribe+ button at the top of this page to receive updates about this project, including notification of when the Library of Things opens.