Concept 7 - Improved pedestrian access through the Centre Car Park
Opportunity to improve the pedestrian connection, functionality and amenity of the Central Car Park.
Three options to make it easier to move through the car park on foot while retaining the existing trees
- Option 1 is a clearly designated path within a shared space for cars and pedestrians
- Option 2 is a separate path for pedestrians along the centre of the car park under the trees requires the loss of 15 carparking spaces.
- Option 3 is a separate path for pedestrians along the centre of the car park under the trees requires a loss of 8 carparking spaces.
- A separate, dedicated path for pedestrians down one side of the central median, under the trees
- Conversion to 45 degree parking and a one way system on the side with the path for ease of parking
- Retain 90 degree parking and a two way system on the other side
- Complement existing trees with low garden bed planting in the central median
- Only possible with a loss of 8 car parking spaces