This masterplan seeks to create a passive open space/environmentally focussed reserve in Elsternwick Park. The development of the area must be guided by the following four priorities:
- Protect the natural environment;
- Increase enjoyment of the open space via compatible, community and visitor facilities;
- Improve water quality in Elster Creek and the Bay; and
- Reduce the risk of flood damage in Elwood and Brighton.
In line with Council’s resolution to create an area of environmentally focussed passive open space, there are a number of uses that will not be considered. These include using the nature reserve for:
- sports grounds or formal sports;
- off leash dog facilities; or
- other activities that will have a negative impact, or could reduce the environmental value of the Reserve
Share your ideas
As this is a public board our moderation policy and process will apply. All ideas are welcome to be included, however they need to be positive and future focussed. We will not tolerate submissions that are negative in nature.