1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Who can enter?
2. Entry is only open to Victorian residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter including Bayside City Council staff and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
When to enter
5. The competition commences on Tuesday 15 March 2022, at 12:01pm (AEDT) and closes on Monday 28 March, 2022 at 5:00pm (AEDT) (“the Competition Period”).
6. Entries must be received by the Promoter by the competition close date and time.
How to enter
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) Complete the 2022 Victorian public library users survey
b) Complete the competition entry form on this page (below)
7. Competition prizes are 4 x Eftpos vouchers valued at $50 each
Validity of the prizes cannot be extended, and prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Prizes are subject to terms and conditions as specified.
8. The winners will need to make contact with or visit businesses directly to book/redeem their prizes. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. Redemption of the prizes is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer.
9. The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winners are unable to use the prizes as stated. If the winners are unable to satisfy these terms and conditions, or a prize is not utilised or able to be taken within the specified timeframe, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
10. The prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable, exchangeable, refundable or redeemable for cash. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
11. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the Promoter a perpetual and nonexclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
12. The winners agree that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story to any media or other organisation. The winners undertake to be personally liable to observe these terms and conditions.
How to win
13. Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period in accordance with clause 2 to 9 will be entered into the running to win. The prize draw will take place at Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham on Monday 4 April 2022 at 11:00am (AEDT).
14. The winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Prizes will be allocated in the order in which they are draw.
15. The winners will be announced on the Bayside City Council website within three business days of the draw. An email will be sent to the winners to request a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being announced, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Bayside City Council shall be entitled to draw another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Bayside City Council shall be entitled to draw another winner.
16. The winners’ initial and last name will be published on the Bayside City Council website.
17. The Promoter’s announcement is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The winner must, on request by the Promoters, be able to provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoters, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
19. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winners must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
21. Winners consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law a) to disqualify any entrant; or b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Bayside City Council and associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, or for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Sharing on social media is suggested, but not required.
This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Public Libraries Victoria, State Library Victoria or Libraries Change Lives. Completing the survey is suggested, but not required.
26. The Promoter is Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham VIC 3191