Community engagement on the draft Strategy was conducted in June-July 2016. Comments provided through the online survey generally supported the direction and strategies of the draft Strategy. Feedback provided included:
- ensuring small shopping centres can compete with larger centres;
- keeping Bayside’s valued character through future public realm improvements; and
- encouraging boutique developments over larger format retailers.
At the August 2016 Council Meeting, Council resolved to:
1. adopt the Retail, Commercial and Employment Strategy and Background Report.
2. adopt Amendment C150 to implement the Retail, Commercial and Employment Strategy and requests the Minister for Planning approve the Amendment pursuant to Section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
The report to Council is available here and the endorsed Strategy is available here