At the September 2016 Council Meeting, Council adopted the Street and Park Tree Management Policy (2016) and the Street and Park Tree Selection Guide (2016) incorporating the following amendments:
- where any indigenous street or park tree species or indigenous understory species are planted, and these plants will be of local provenance;
- within 150m of a conservation reserve, all new street and park trees to be indigenous species of local provenance;
- removal of the shopping centre exemption from the understory planting in the Vegetation Protection Overlay 3 (VPO3) area;
- annual reporting of the number of street and park trees removed and replanted, and the species selected for replanting be published; and
- provide a definition within the policy to define local provenance.
- notes that the Street Tree Selection Guide (2016) replaces the Streetscape Manual (1997).
The adopted Policy is available here
Provide your feedback
Do you have any feedback on the Draft Policy to help strengthen its use in the community?
Do you have any feedback on the Guide to help strengthen its use in the community?