At the September 2016 Council Meeting, Council adopted the Street and Park Tree Management Policy (2016) and the Street and Park Tree Selection Guide (2016) incorporating the following amendments:
- where any indigenous street or park tree species or indigenous understory species are planted, and these plants will be of local provenance;
- within 150m of a conservation reserve, all new street and park trees to be indigenous species of local provenance;
- removal of the shopping centre exemption from the understory planting in the Vegetation Protection Overlay 3 (VPO3) area;
- annual reporting of the number of street and park trees removed and replanted, and the species selected for replanting be published; and
- provide a definition within the policy to define local provenance.
- notes that the Street Tree Selection Guide (2016) replaces the Streetscape Manual (1997).
The adopted Policy is available here