We want to grow tree canopy cover in Bayside from 16% to 30% canopy cover by 2040.
We’ve got a new plan to help grow the urban forest in Beaumaris
Council adopted the Beaumaris Precinct Plan at its February 2023 meeting. View the Council meeting minutes and resolution.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to inform the final version of the Beaumaris Precinct Plan.
We look forward to implementing the Plan and working with our community to increase tree and vegetation canopy cover and improve biodiversity within Beaumaris.
A key action of the Urban Forest Strategy is to develop Precinct Plans for each suburb to guide tree planting and greening on a local level, prioritising the areas that need it most.
Each Precinct Plan will also contain different planting pallettes to enhance the visual and natural character of each local area.
The draft Precinct Plan for Beaumaris was the first to be developed and was endorsed by Council at its February 2023 meeting.
Consultation was undertaken from 28 October 2022 - 27 November 2022 and sought feedback from the community to ensure this Precinct Plan would help support residents to green their own spaces, identify ideal locations for priority planting, and introduce plant species to enhance biodiversity and retain the leafy character of Beaumaris. Read the community engagement report.
Did you know?
We’ve planted 2,000 extra indigenous street and park trees in Bayside this year (in addition to the 1,400 trees we typically plant).
Beaumaris already has approximately 20% tree canopy cover and 18% understorey cover.
There are 8,584 trees managed and maintained by Council throughout Beaumaris. (2021)
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Urban Forest Strategy?
- Why do we need precinct plans?
- How were the precinct plans developed and the planting areas identified?
- When will the plan be delivered?
- What are the current controls in place for tree removal on private property in Beaumaris?
- What kinds of trees will be planted?
- What is understory planting and why is it important?
- Why is nature strip planting important?
- How can I help grow the urban forest?
Ask a question
Q&A forum about the Beaumaris Precinct Plan
Book a meeting
Request a meeting with Strategic Planner, Ashka Munshi to discuss the Beaumaris Precinct Plan
Engagement plan overview
Read how we're consulting with our community on this precinct plan
Timeline item 1 - complete
28 October 2022 – 27 November 2022 (5pm)
Timeline item 2 - complete
Development of draft Precinct Plans for other Bayside suburbs
Select the +Subscribe button to receive notification about when your suburb’s Precinct Plan is open for engagement.
Timeline item 3 - complete
Council to decide on Precinct Plans
Council will consider report on community feedback and adoption of Beaumaris Precinct Plan in February 2023.
Community engagement Precint Plans for other suburbs opened in lated 2023.
To make a submission or enquiry, please get in touch via the following methods:
- Online survey
- Ask a question in the Q&A forum
- Email Ashka Munshi, Strategic Planner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 9599 4365
- Book a meeting email Ashka Munshi to arrange a meeting
- In person to the Corporate Centre at 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham
- Post to Bayside City Council, PO Box 27 Sandringham 3091
- Anonymously via the postal, phone or email details above.
Please note: Materials can be provided in accessible formats on request.
Submissions closed 27 November 2022
Please select the blue subscribe+ button at the top of this page to receive updates about this project, including notification of when it will be considered at Council meetings.