Consultation closed Sunday 17 February 2019, thank you for sharing your feedback.
We have developed a draft streetscape plan to ensure that the Brighton East shopping village is a vibrant and attractive hub for the community now and into the future.
The aim of the upgraded streetscape is to enhance the village to ensure it can continue to service the community and its role as a local retail and meeting place.
Key improvements proposed in the draft plan
▪ New concrete footpaths with feature pavement throughout to improve accessibility and amenity
▪ Planting additional native Frangipani street trees
▪ New planted garden beds with native and indigenous species
▪ New furniture including seats, bicycle stands and bins
▪ Construction of underground water storage, drainage pits and pipes to reduce localised flooding
▪ Adding an accessible parking space
Construction works are expected to take place in April 2019
We are now seeking feedback to improve our understanding of the concerns shoppers and traders have about the proposed streetscape designs and the types of improvements they would like to see for the centre.
Feedback received will inform the final Plan to inform the construction tender.